Intercultural Trainers Training is a two-days course aimed at trainers, teachers, consultants from fields such as language, communication, management training, HR departments, schools who want to develop skills to design and deliver intercultural training courses, but also for anyone who manages or works with culturally diverse employees or clients. The course runs four or five times a year at our training centre in Berlin, with group sizes ranging from 6-12.
In order to make real progress, we need to remain open to the idea of transforming ourselves by adapting new ways of thinking, behaving, as well as new beliefs.
INTERCULTURAL TRAINER TRAINING
Our Intercultural Trainers Training focuses on an introduction to intercultural communication and developing intercultural communication skills. The first module develops awareness of the importance of communication in intercultural contexts, and teaches about the impact of differences in communication styles and the influence of cultural values on intercultural interactions. The second module is designed to simulate common intercultural experiences, give you insight into your reactions to cultural differences, and help explain the underlying values behind behaviours. The lesson is activity-based, and involves participation in small groups and presentation to the larger group
This course is designed for experienced trainers from fields such as language training, communication skills training and management training, who wish to learn more about the theory and practice of intercultural training, both to integrate intercultural topics into their current training and also to deliver their own intercultural training courses. Exchange of experience with other participants is also avaluable part of the course. By the end of the course, participants will:
- have a good understanding of the key conceptual frameworks of the intercultural field
- be able to define how cultural values influence attitude and behaviour
- be aware of how culture forms an integral part of international communication
- be able to incorporate intercultural elements into their own areas of training
- be familiar with the main types of intercultural training
- be able to design different types of intercultural training courses
- be familiar with training techniques, activities and materials for intercultural training
- know how to use different tools to evaluate the success of intercultural training.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING OUR TRAINER TRAINING
Our Training for Intercultural Trainer course will be of benefit if you:
- You would like to get an orientation in the cross cultural training fields
- You are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- You are working in the education, HR or L&D areas and your students or staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programmes
In our long teaching praxis we recognise that each person prefers different learning styles and techniques. It is why we use a variety different teaching methods to get the same message across and make sure that no one is left out or falls behind. It is our way of making sure that all participants engage with all of the subject content, especially the key concepts and learning points. Our trainings consist of different sessions combining short lectures and practical exercises and involves a great deal of interaction. Simulations and team exercises aim to not only identify, but to fully understand the key differences in cultural behaviour.
In combining cognitive (didactic) and participatory (experiential) learning our relocation course program seeks to introduce to the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to live and work successfully in multicultural context.
Our methods chosen by cognitive, affective und creative dimensions of learning. More information about our integral approach and methodology here.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN ONE OF OUR RELATED COURSES
- TRAIN the INTERCULTURAL TRAINER . Certificate Course
- TRAIN THE TRAINER: INTEGRAL APPROACH. Online Course
Please contact us for further information.