The Training for Intercultural Trainers course is aimed at trainers from fields such as language, communication skills and management training, who want to develop skills to design and deliver intercultural training courses, but also for anyone who manages or works with culturally diverse employees or clients. The course runs four or five times a year at our training centre in Berlin, with group sizes ranging from 6-12.
interkultura has been a leader in the field of intercultural trainer training since 2009, when we launched our 2-day course called: Training for Intercultural Trainers. We have run more than 50 sessions of the course in Germany and Poland, as well as other sessions elsewhere in Europe, enrolling more then 200 participants from all over the world.
Our Training for Intercultural Trainers focuses on an introduction to intercultural communication and developing intercultural communication skills. The first module develops awareness of the importance of communication in intercultural contexts, and teaches about the impact of differences in communication styles and the influence of cultural values on intercultural interactions.The second module is designed to simulate common intercultural experiences, give you insight into your reactions to cultural differences, and help explain the underlying values behind behaviours. The lesson is activity-based, and involves participation in small groups and presentation to the larger group
This course is designed for experienced trainers from fields such as language training, communication skills training and management training, who wish to learn more about the theory and practice of intercultural training, both to integrate intercultural topics into their current training and also to deliver their own intercultural training courses. Exchange of experience with other participants is also avaluable part of the course. By the end of the course, participants will:
- have a good understanding of the key conceptual frameworks of the intercultural field
- be able to define how cultural values influence attitude and behaviour
- be aware of how culture forms an integral part of international communication
- be able to incorporate intercultural elements into their own areas of training
- be familiar with the main types of intercultural training
- be able to design different types of intercultural training courses
- be familiar with training techniques, activities and materials for intercultural training
- know how to use different tools to evaluate the success of intercultural training.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING OUR TRAINER TRAINING
Our Training for Intercultural Trainer course will be of benefit if you:
- You would like to get an orientation in the cross cultural training fields
- You are increasingly working with colleagues in other countries
- You are working in the education, HR or L&D areas and your students or staff is becoming more culturally diverse
- You are involved in multinational projects and programmes
In our long teaching praxis we recognise that each person prefers different learning styles and techniques. It is why we use a variety different teaching methods to get the same message across and make sure that no one is left out or falls behind. It is our way of making sure that all participants engage with all of the subject content, especially the key concepts and learning points. Our trainings consist of different sessions combining short lectures and practical exercises and involves a great deal of interaction. Simulations and team exercises aim to not only identify, but to fully understand the key differences in cultural behaviour.
In combining cognitive (didactic) and participatory (experiential) learning our relocation course program seeks to introduce to the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to live and work successfully in multicultural context.
Our methods chosen by cognitive, affective und creative dimensions of learning here .
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN ONE OF OUR RELATED COURSES
Please us for further information about what we can do to assist you.